I have exciting news to share with all of my fellow wanderers: WhereTheHeartIs has been nominated for a Liebster Award! This award is especially important because it is presented by our fellow bloggers.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award created by the blogger community to recognize outstanding up & coming bloggers.
This year, I was nominated by the ever inspiring, JBRobinBlog . As part of the Liebster Award process, nominees are supposed to answer a Q&A created by the individual that nominated the blogger and then produce a Q&A for the next nominated person.
What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
This is a difficult one. Anyone that knows me knows that I am one for doing extremely spontaneous and some would say crazy things in my life.
I think if I had to pinpoint the most extreme thing that I have done would be when my friend and I just decided to pack our car and spontaneously move to Cape Town. This turned out to be the most incredible experience of my life. We made amazing friends, made memories that I will remember forever and learned invaluable life lessons.
This move taught me to never be afraid to take risks, even if it means packing your life into a suitcase and starting a new one on the other side. Nothing ventured, nothing gained – Right?
If you can take someone with you in your travels, who would it be?
John: we have been dating for just under 8 years now. He is my second half and my best friend. Throughout our relationship we have been lucky enough to go on numerous adventures together.
What is the scariest thing you have experienced while traveling?
In 2012 John and I went on a trip of a lifetime to see the Northern Lights in Norway.
We took a boat through the Fjords to get to the most Northerly point of Noordekap. Whilst on our way there, we were had to take a route across the Barents Sea.
The night of our crossing, there was a severe storm. I’ve never been so scared in my entire life. The ship was being thrown around by the immense power of the waves. We were sitting on the 13th story of the ship and the waves were hitting the window in front of us. We could see the entire nose of the ship being immersed underneath the water. We stayed awake that whole night watching the storm and waiting for it to get better.
The storm only became calmer at about 4A.M.
If you could give someone $1,000,000 who would you give it to?
This would have to be our parents.
My parents are the two most kind and generous people that I have ever known. They are constantly doing things for others. Throughout my life my parents have strived to give us the best life possible. They serve as a constant reminder that life is about so much more than materialism. I like to say that I live by my dads motto – “The purpose of life is the pursuit of happiness”
John’s parents have always supported us in everything we have decided to do – no matter how crazy. They always look at life in a optimistic way which I admire about them. They are kind, understanding and easily the most adventurous couple that I have ever known. When they were about our age, they moved to South Africa from Scotland with their two young children. I think that this just shows how brave they really are.
If I had $1,000,000 I would give it to our parents in a heartbeat. This would allow them to retire comfortably and without ever having to worry about money again.
What inspires you the most to do what you do everyday?
My future. Right now, I am still working towards my life goals. I get up every morning and work towards achieving these goals. I love what I do and the amazing people I meet along the way make this journey so much easier and more interesting.
Do you find it hard to stay motivated and stick to exercise routines everyday?
Yes! I am the worst at sticking to a detox/ diet or an exercise program. I always start off really well and then seem to get lost somewhere along the way.
I find that reading health and fitness blogs really seem to help with this. My number one go-to for inspiration on keeping fit or eating healthy is JBRobinBlog.
what is your most constant rule that you believe to stick to?
Living your life to the fullest – if there is something that you are not happy with in your life, change it. It really is that simple. And always keep a positive mind set – I cannot stress this enough. I always find that negativity feeds on itself and just gets worse and worse.
Do you feel it is Important to have a routine?
Not at all. I’ve never been one for routine. I know this is completely different for others, but for my own sanity I cannot have a constant routine for too long.
I love change and thrive on new experiences. For this reason, I don’t think I will ever be able to keep to a set routine.
If you could Quit your job and go do anything, what would you do/where would you go?
Travel!!! I would travel anywhere and everywhere I possibly could. Adventure and new experiences has always been my passion.
Do you think education, as it is today, does justice to life and learning?
I definitely think education is the most important aspect of our lives. I think every person needs to strive to broaden their skills and knowledge. If we are not constantly learning, growing and progressing, what would our purpose be as human beings?
I think that in today’s age, learning can come from varied sources and life experiences. It is important to always keep an open mind and try learn from everything you do in life.
As a Liebster Award nominee, it is now my honor to nominate other Liebster Award recipients. Nominees must:
- Write a blog post about getting nominated and feature WhereTheHeartIs as your nominating party.
- Answer the 11 questions below.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 5 bloggers.
- Share on your social media.
I nominate you…
- JohnnyAfrica – Johnny is your average guy who decided to start his travel blog for the simple purpose of sharing his great experiences and adventures with his readers and followers. His passion is travel and writing- and his pretty damn good at it!
- GoatsOnTheRoad – Nick & Dariece are a couple from Canada who have been travelling for almost 8 years. This traveling couple creates fantastic blogs and vlogs from their trips around the world.
- OliviaLeaves – Olivia has the perfect blog for great travel tips and guides. Her aim is to inspire people to travel. She has great tips and her photography is incredible.
- TwoScotsAbroad – Gemma and Craig took a career break and traveled around the world for 17 months. They have a wide-ranging list of destinations and provide a vast array of fantastic helpful travel resources. Every travel post is unique and inspiring with an added twist of their own personal touch.
- WanderingEarl – Earl is a travel blogger with an incredible story. He has been traveling for 16 years and has visited over 88 countries. His blog is an incredible window into his world of travel and adventure.
- LouiseCooney – Louise Cooney is a Fashion, Lifestyle & Travel blogger currently based in Dublin, Ireland. Her work is nothing short of incredible. Louise has some great travel tips and always seems to add her personal flair to her tips.
- What has been the most life changing destination you have visited and why?
- Do you prefer visiting cities or the country?
- What do you find most difficult while traveling?
- How many countries have you visited?
- Where was your first international holiday?
- Which city/ country have you found the most challenging to travel in?
- What was the country that surprised you the most on your travels?
- What is your next planned destination?
- When was the last time you were in your home country?
- What were you doing before you became a blogger?
- Have you ever traveled solo?